Sunday, April 29, 2012

2012-2013 Hockey Season

Folks, it's official. The contract is signed, sealed, and faxed and you bet your sweet ass my name is all over M's contract for next year.

He has decided to go back to Gap, France and I am more than a bit excited. Don't get me wrong, I will always support his decisions on when, where, and why to play hockey but I REALLY wanted to come to France and experience this life on my own! I can't wait to improve my French, take trips to the market every day and just absorb it all. Ahhh Gap.

M on the other hand is still in his "just got home to America where everybody speaks English phase" so he isn't in the ready-to-get-back mode yet. However, I have a feeling things will change come mid-July and he'll get the itch to get back on the ice.

M also got me a pair of skates for my birthday! Our goal is to officially end this madness and get me to skate fairly well next year while in Gap. Really if I'm going to date a hockey player and have his children who will probably play hockey, I should know how to skate.

We'll also be taking a trip to Chicago in July for new visas for the both of us, yes, I am actually going MOVING to France. Waahoooo! So excited. Actually I'm so excited that I could leave next week.

It's already been decided though that I will cross the big pond in late September, early October after he his home from training camp so I am slightly hesitant about flying with Rue alone. But it'll be good right? More to follow on traveling with pets.

I'm also very excited to blog about traveling with Rue and provide tips, tricks, and do-not's based on our experiences. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything will go smoothly but deep down I'm expecting the worst (isn't that what every hockey S.O does in any situation?)

Okay, just wanted to fill you in on our 2012-2013 season plans. Good luck to you and yours if you're still in the negotiating phase!

Love&Luck

2 comments:

  1. Awesome News! I can't wait to follow along on your adventure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have questions about getting your pet paperwork in order let me know, I can talk to my cousin. She moved to Guam with her cat for her boyfriend's job and she said it was very expensive/an extensive amount of paperwork to get their friend over there. I believe she said it cost like $1,000 bucks but that's also weird Guam not cool France! :) I'm really excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete