Monday, June 11, 2012

Eating Clean

It's official, I'm completely unmotivated to work out almost 100% of the time lately. The worst part is, I would like to change a few things and yet here I am, not doing a thing about it. Then I was thinking...they say your body is 75% diet and 25% exercise so if I want to change my body, why not start in the kitchen? So I am. 

I love to cook and have been slacking in that department ever since, well, M and I haven't lived together. When we lived together he was obviously hungry and didn't just want to eat cereal, frozen pizzas, etc. so I had to experiment with recipes and try new things all the time. That was great because I didn't have a job and I just spent a lot of my time cooking and trying new things in the kitchen. Well since we haven't lived together for almost a year, the cooking has really taken a backseat. 

Now that I've decided to eat clean and make a serious change to what I put into my body, the kitchen is back in action. A few things that have helped guide me on my journey to clean eating would be:

- My dear friend Sara at PudgytoPaleo is a regular gal turned Paleo-passionate hustler who provides me with lists of can and cannot eats. She also creates challenges at her local CrossFit center that anyone from anywhere can participate in. Check out her website for recipes and encouragement and if you would like a personalized meal plan, send her an e-mail and she would be happy to create one for you at a small fee (this is her job!). 

Here is a sample of her work...



- I LOVE checking out Savannah's blog at Muffin Top-Less. She posts recipes, workouts, encouraging quotes and provides plenty of motivation through her own photos. The great thing about her is that she provides pictures of her before and after and seems so relatable making me that much more motivated. 

Today I made this salmon recipe by Giada DeLaurentis (via Food Network) without the salsa verde and this recipe that I have from Pinterest. I've been making veggie fries with almost every meal if I don't have anything planned because they are so easy and quick. I've been trying to eat a lot more fish which is an adventure in itself because I haven't really cooked much fish. 

I've also cut out alcohol because if I'm going to be serious about this, I better go balls to the wall and be committed so if I really want a cocktail I drink Bethenny Frankel's Skinnygirl cocktails because they're low in calories and have a decent alcohol content (in my opinion). 



What do you use for motivation? Please share, I'd love to know!

Love&Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment