Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Brought to you by the pool


Today I'm writing poolside in the 79 degree California weather :) Ahh to be this lucky I am blessed. Last week I finished a novel titled I Remember You by Harriet Evans. I picked up this book at Target because of the cover (pathetic I know, you'd think someone with an English degree would know better than to judge a book by its' cover) and because it's based in English which I find a setting I am leaning towards more and more; perhaps because I've never been there. Here are my thoughts in a nutshell:
Evans writes a classic love story of two childhood friends who had seemingly been through everything together from day one but find themselves hardly knowing each other at all when a series of events comes between the two forcing their relationship to a make or break situation. What is this mysterious event that pulls a lifelong friendship apart? That is the real climax of the tale. Obviously it is a gloriously happy and love-y ending but the kicker was actually very shocking and threw a nice loop to the plot. Definitely a "pool read" or for you Minnesotans that are following a "snowstorm read". I'd suggest checking it out or you're welcome to borrow when I'm back in town :)

Happy day everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment