Friday, April 15, 2011

A Quick List of Favorites I Believe Everyone Should Read:.

Currently, I am in the process of reading my first book on my new Kindle (Courtesy of Michael himself, happy birthday to me!) so while I'm finishing up Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang by Chelsea Handler I thought I would post a few lists 1) Books I absolutely LOVE 2) Books I liked but didn't LOVE 3) Books I can't wait to get my hands on

**Must Read Novels

1. Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
2. Stephanie Plum series 1-16 by Janet Evanovich (my mom has a read a few of her books that are outside of the Plum series and doesn't recommend them, therefore I have yet to pick one up)
3. EVERYTHING Nicholas Sparks, and I mean everything he writes
4. Sam's Letters to Jennifer, Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson
5. A Painted House by John Grisham
6. Something Borrowed, Something Blue, Baby Proof, Love the One You're With, The Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin
7. Sarah's Key by Tatiana De Rosnay
8. EVERYTHING Mitch Albom
9. EVERYTHING Sophie Kinsella (she also writes under the name Madeline Wickham but these books don't seem to be nearly as cute)
10. Same Kind of Different As Me by Ron Hall & Denver Moore
11. A Thousand Splendid Suns, The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
12. Henry's Sisters, The Last Time I Was Me by Cathy Lamb
13. The Awakening by Kate Chopin
14. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
15. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
16. The Left Behind Series by Tim LaHaye & Jerry B. Jenkins
17. The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
18. Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
19. Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquival

**Books that were good but not necessarily great in my standards:

1. The Pact, Mercy by Jodi Picoult
2. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
3. EVERYTHING Kristin Hannah; she offers the same story in a variety of settings/characters
4. My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares
5. Belong To Me, Love Walked In by Marisa De Los Santos
6. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
7. Look Again by Lisa Scottoline
8. Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson


**Books I'm looking forward to picking up:

1. A Secret Kept by Tatiana De Rosnay
2. The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
3. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
4. Smokin' Seventeen by Janet Evanovich

I could go on and on but these are the books I came up with for now...I hope you check a few of them out!

Enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment